The publication of science involves conscientious, systematic and comprehensive processes by the publishers and editors. This requires to be dealt in an efficient and competent manner. To maintain high ethical standards of publication of quality science, the publisher strives to work closely at all times with journal editors, authors and peer-reviewers. The essentials of Mosul Journal of Nursing (MJN) publishing ethics for all groups involved in the publishing process are as follows:
• The editor of a journal holds a vital position taking important editorial decisions on all peer-reviewed articles submitted for publication. The essentials of Mosul Journal of Nursing (MJN) publishing ethics for all groups involved in the publishing process are as follows:
• The editor should maintain the transparency of the academic research and record, preclude professional needs from cooperating with ethical standards, and always be willing to publish retractions, rectifications, and erratum when required.
• The editor should assess manuscripts for their scientific quality and intellectual content, free from any biased decisions based on discrimination of race, gender, geographical origin, or religion of the author(s). The editor should evaluate manuscripts objectively based on their academic merit and free of any commercial or self-interests.
• The editor should not disclose any information regarding submitted manuscripts before publication of the said manuscript.
• Promoting research rectitude must be preserved. If at any stage the publisher suspects any kind of misconduct in research, it should be investigated promptly and in detail with suitable authority. Furthermore if any suspicious act is observed in the peer review, it should be resolved with diligence.
• Providing a detailed, constructive, and unbiased evaluation in a timely manner on the scientific content of the work.
• Indicating whether the writing is relevant, concise, and clear and evaluating the originality as well as scientific accuracy.
• Maintaining the confidentiality of the complete review process.
Complete Review Process.
• Notifying the journal editor about any financial or personal conflict of interest and declining to review the manuscript when a possibility of such a conflict exists.
• Notifying the journal editor of any ethical concerns in their evaluation of submitted manuscripts such as any violation of ethical treatment of animal and/or human subjects or any considerable similarity between a previously published article and any reviewed manuscript.
• All the work reported in the manuscript must be original and free from any kind of plagiarism.
• The work should not have been published elsewhere or submitted to any other journal(s) at the time of submission to Mosul Journal of Nursing .
• Any potential conflict of interest must be clearly acknowledged.
• Proper acknowledgements to other work referred/cited (of any individual, company or institution) must be given. Permission must be obtained for any content used from other sources.
• Only those who have made any substantial contribution to the interpretation or composition of the submitted work, should be listed as ‘Authors’. While other contributors should be mentioned as ‘co-authors’. Publisher’s Responsibilities: Mosul Journal of Nursing is committed to work with journal editors, defining clearly their relevant roles, in order to ensure appropriate decisions regarding publication procedures and maintaining the transparency of editorial decisions.
MJN ensures the integrity, autonomy and originality of each published article with respect to:
• Authorship & COPYRIGHT : All contributing authors should qualify for authorship. The order of authorship should be a joint decision of the co-authors. Sufficient participation in the work is of utmost importance. To download Authorship Form,PDF,WORD.doc